Why clean gutters?
The task of cleaning gutters is not super appealing to most. Just getting out the ladder and climbing to the roof is a job in itself. But keeping your gutters clean is a preventative measure for more than just creating a clear path for heavy rain. Clogged gutters cause trouble, and before you know it…
One thing leads to another
- If you don’t clean your gutters, they become clogged with leaves and debris.
- Clogged gutters don’t drain properly and they collect water.
- Collected water attracts mosquitoes.
- Collected water causes wood to decay and rot.
- Rotted and decaying wood attract termites.
But wait, there’s more.
As a result of clogged gutters, washed areas form. These areas can hold water close to your foundation. This causes the soil to become saturated and water can seep under your foundation.
Overflowing gutters wash out mulch and flower beds near your home. These washed areas thin out your lawn. Thinned areas in your lawn give weed seeds an open area to grow and germinate.
Do the right thing.
Make it a priority to clean out your gutters this spring. Clean gutters can prevent a multitude of problems. While we don’t offer gutter cleaning services, Lawn and Pest Services can assist you with termites, mosquitoes and weed control.