Family activities while sheltering in place
Indoor and outdoor projects to ready your home for spring
While sheltering in place, here are some family activities that can help prep your yard and home for spring! Many of us are on a bit of a “lockdown” right now and have some free time around the house. Some of us even have some “extra hands” with lots of energy! Let’s put these housemates to work! Now is the time to get some indoor and outdoor projects completed so we are ready to enjoy a beautiful spring!
Clean spaces help keep pests away
- Clean out your kitchen pantry, throw away old flour, rice and grains. These can be a breeding ground for pantry pests such as Indian meal moth (also known as weevil, pantry or grain moth). Clean up any spills and broken containers as the residue from these can attract mice, ants and roaches.
- Deep clean kitchen baseboards, cabinets, drawers for the same reasons as above, this can reduce pest attraction.
- Move pet food to sealed containers
- Clean out your recycling bin as it is filled. Cardboard and paper will harbor roaches while plastic bottles and aluminum cans will attract ants. Make sure you rinse out food containers before recycling!
- While your recycling bins are empty, clean them out with ammonia or bleach
- It is time to clean out your storage room that you’ve been throwing everything in! Mice, roaches, rats, squirrels all love a junk room.
- If you want to read more about cleaning up and cleaning out, here’s a link to one of our previous blogs on cleaning out gutters.
Now that you’ve cleaned up, it’s a great time to get a pest analysis and preventive treatment from one of our certified technicians. P360 is more affordable than you might think, just click here to get a quote. While we at Lawn and Pest Solutions are certainly in the business of taking care of your pest problems, the best results are when we work together as a team. So keep those family activities going while sheltering in place and call us when you need us!