Clean your gutters
“One Thing Leads to Another”
Cleaning gutters prevents many other issues. In 1983 an English new wave band hit the charts with “One Thing Leads to Another”. As in many other aspects of life, this is true!
But I don’t WANT to…
What if I don’t clean my gutters? This goes back to that “one thing leads to another” motto…
- If you don’t clean your gutters, they become clogged with leaves and debris.
- Clogged gutters don’t drain and they collect water.
- Collected water causes wood to decay and rot
Guess who loves rotting and decaying wood? Termites! Termites feast on rotting wood.
That’s not all.
Another catchy phrase that applies to more than the “sham wow”…
As a result of clogged gutters, washed areas form. These areas can hold water close to your foundation. This causes the soil to become saturated and water can seep under your foundation. Joining the group of water loving pests are…mosquitoes!
It’s not a fun job, but someone’s got to do it.
Overflowing gutters can wash out mulch and flower beds near your home. These washed areas can thin out your lawn. Thin lawns give weed seeds an open area to grow and germinate.
Termites, mosquitoes and now thin and weedy lawns, all because no one likes to clean out their gutters!
Make it a priority to clean out your gutters this summer. While we don’t offer gutter cleaning services, Lawn and Pest Services can assist you with termites, mosquitoes and weed control.
Contact us here and we will send a licensed pest technician to give you a quote. We serve the North Mississippi and Memphis area neighborhoods of Tennessee.
How do you hire a pest professional?
How do you hire a pest professional? Do you even NEED a pest professional? When was the last time you walked down the pesticide aisle of a home improvement store?
“I don’t know what I am doing here”
Big bags of chemicals and small containers of mysterious liquids can be intimidating. Fine print on the bags and bottles and the smells of their contents don’t help.
You may ask yourself…
- Is this the right formula?
- Is this safe for my pet?
- What will happen if my children touch/eat this?
- Where do I spray?
- Do I spray it once a week? Month? Year?
- What is in this stuff?
- Where did we put the sprayer?
- Or the really big question…
- How do I get this concoction inside the sprayer?
With all of that in mind, a DIY insecticide program should bring up a lot of uncertainties. So what are the benefits of hiring a pest professional?
Hiring a pest professional is a good idea
We typically pay someone more knowledgeable than ourselves to change oil, rotate the tires and resolve plumbing problems. Why do we feel we are capable of fending off roach infestations?
Hiring a pest professional can give you peace of mind. A pest professional undergoes continual training to maintain certification. In addition to that, at Lawn and Pest Solutions, our pest professionals have additional standards to maintain.
Our licensed pest professionals at Lawn and Pest Solutions apply pesticides that are specific to the area you live. These treatments apply to the specific problems you have.
What does a pest professional offer?
- Our pros look for points of entry and help you exclude them.
- Our pros broom down cobwebs and wasps nests outside so they don’t set up camp outside your home.
- Our pros know “what’s coming” ….(for instance, we know ants are more active in wet weather).
- Our pros are proactive. We like to prevent pest problems, not just solve them.
- Our pros have seen it all. We know where to look, what to look under, what signs to look for when solving pest problems.
This is a no-brainer.
At Lawn and Pest Solutions, our pest professionals are here to solve your problems. Leave the YouTube tutorials to the stay at home chemists.
We are here for you. Call our office today to have peace of mind. We serve the North Mississippi and Memphis, Tennessee areas. Our Pest360 program is all you need!
Termite dangers and risks
Do you think about termites being a danger or a risk? Termites are a danger to ALL homes and businesses. They can thrive inside your home, feasting upon it without you seeing a single sign. If you ignore the signs, it might be too late.
“Unless you call Alaska home, your house is not safe from termite damage.”
Sentricon, (the number one brand in termite protection…)
That sums it up for us!
Termites are found in over five million homes per year and cause homeowners over FIVE BILLION dollars per year. That’s a lot of termite damage.
Termites are very organized and efficient. Don’t “wait to see” signs of termites. Not only are repair costs costly, but you are also putting yourself, your family or your employees at risk. Damaged wood is weakened by termites and will eventually rot and fall away.
Signs of termites
- Swarming: look for lots of discarded and broken wings. Windows, doors, vents, bathtubs, and sinks are common places to find termite wings.
- Mud tubes: look on foundation walls, inside walls, and plumbing pipes. Mud tubes (also called “termite highways”) provide moist places and safety from ants. They are made of moist soil and excrement and start around the diameter of a pencil.
- Damaged wood: knock on wood and if it sounds hollow and gives away easily, look closer. Termites are eating from the inside out and following along the grain of the wood. Many times you will find more mud tubes inside the wood along with living termites.
Prevent termite dangers and risks
Whether you suspect you have termites or want to prevent termites from ever entering your home or business, we have options.
Our Sentricon Specialist pest technicians at Lawn and Pest Solutions have been highly trained by Sentricon. Not every pest control company qualifies to be able to provide Sentricon service.
Sentricon is the number one brand in termite protection and there is a reason that Lawn and Pest Solutions is qualified to be a provider.
Contact our office to have your home or business inspected by our specialists. Our licensed technicians serve the North Mississippi and Memphis, Tennessee areas.
Pest control in Memphis
Pest control in Memphis, TN is as easy as calling Lawn and Pest Solutions. We are specialists in pest control and can help you no matter where you are with a pest “situation.”
Prevention starts with you, the homeowner.
Whether in Memphis, Germantown or Collierville, keeping your home free of pests is a team effort. We go into homes every day to rid them of pests, but half of the battle is in prevention. Prevention starts with you, the homeowner.
4 ways to prevent pests from entering your home
- Clean up debris outside your home.
- Remove piles of twigs and leaves, bag them up and get them off of your property. Those piles make wonderful homes for pests.
- Remove fallen branches or limbs leaning against your home.
- Branches that touch your home are like “ladders.” Squirrels, mice, and other pests use these to access your roof, attic, cracks in the home.
- Seal up your home
- Walk around outside and look closely for cracks and crevices where tiny mice and more could squeeze in. Look for the smallest openings around windows, under doors, gaps between the roof and home. Seal them up!
- Clean up your home.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in your sink overnight or leave pet food out overnight. Store pet food in an airtight container. Check your pantry to be sure that all food is sealed.
These four chores should be done regularly inside and outside of your Memphis home to help fight the war against pests.
Our licensed pest technicians will spray outside and inside your home on their initial visit. This visit includes a thorough inspection inside and out, and if they can help close up those entry points for pests, they will.
Our techs will also advise you on anything else you can do to help prevent pests. After the initial spraying, all follow up treatments are completed outside of your home. After the first (indoor) treatment, you don’t have to be home for the following (outdoor) treatments.
Whether you are fighting roaches, ants, millipedes, or any other pests in your home, we can help you. You can contact our office any day or time by leaving a message on our website.
Join us at Lawn and Pest Solutions to experience the LPS Difference. Ask about the Pest360 program. Read our reviews on Google and see our satisfied customers.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about our company and our professional and friendly technicians. We serve the Memphis, TN and North Mississippi areas.
Plant health care
What is a plant health care program? A plant health care program puts an expert in your yard who can detect problems before they spread.
A professional will examine your plants and determine what is best for them. A plant health care program will then treat and nurture your plants to get the most out of your investment.
Protecting your landscape is protecting your investment
Having a beautiful lawn requires an investment, of time, work, and money. The money you spend on a plant health care program will eventually save you from replacing diseased or dying/dead plants.
Why spend so much on shrubs, flowering trees, and plants for your yard, and then drop the ball? That is like building a pool and never putting in chemicals or cleaning it out!
What to expect:
- At Lawn and Pest Solutions, our plant health care program includes six visits per year.
- A licensed lawn technician with advanced knowledge of plant health care will plan and oversee your program.
- At each visit your plants will be fertilized.
- At each visit, your plants will be monitored for insects, and diseases and will be treated for what is found.
- At each visit, you will receive a written report from the technician. This report tells you what he observed, what he did to treat your plants, and what you need to know to keep up the treatment process.
- Based on your report, your plants will get a fertilizer with micro nutrients and soil beneficial, insect and disease control targeted specifically to your plants and their health at that specific time.
How is this program different from others?
Most programs include a pre-mixed spray that is applied to all of the plants, no matter what they need at that time.
Why replace plants from year to year because they are unhealthy?
A healthy lawn and plant landscape will be strong enough to endure April freezes and August droughts. Let Lawn and Pest Solutions take care of your plants and lawn.
Contact our office to learn more about our plant health care program. We serve the North Mississippi and Memphis, Tennessee areas.
7 Great Types of Lawns You Can Choose From!
You have always taken pride in your property; however, lately, you’ve been less than impressed with the look of your lawn. It doesn’t seem to fit within the aesthetic you are trying to achieve for your home, and it is becoming a source of frustration. Worry not; this situation is quite common – especially when one isn’t aware of all their options.
In this blog, we will divulge the secrets of each lawn so you can realize your home’s highest potential while still enjoying its fantastic features. You’ll be thrilled with how these unique-looking lawns can elevate your home and leave you feeling like a satisfied homeowner. Let’s get into it.
Find Your Perfect Match
With more than 11,000 varieties, choosing the right type for your lawn can be daunting. To make things easier, we’ll examine seven of the most popular styles used in the United States – so you can decide which will work best for you!
- Zoysia: This coarse grass that resembles carpet can be uncomfortable to stand on; however, many admire it due to its ability to endure both hot and cold temperatures and a significant volume of foot traffic.
- Bentgrass: With its soft texture and medium green color, Bentgrass is an excellent option for those looking to keep their lawn lush and healthy in a cold climate.
- Bermuda Grass: Bermuda grass is for you if you live in a warmer place. It is a deep green color and can be cut short, which is good if you have kids or pets who play in the yard.
- Bluegrass: For people living in northern regions, bluegrass is a popular type of grass. It grows well from both seed and sod and can tolerate cooler temperatures. However, it does not do well in shady areas.
- Centipede: This grass is a good choice for people who want to do minimal lawn care. The short, thick blades of light green will look good in your yard. Centipede grass can grow in both sun and shade and is perfect for warm climates.
- Ryegrass: Resistant to droughts and with thin leaves of green color, this grass is excellent for hot climates. Still, it needs to be watered regularly to stay healthy.
- Tall Fescue: This robust grass boasts a beautiful verdant hue and lush foliage that can survive extreme heat with minimal upkeep – creating an attractive sight for all to admire.
Beautify Your Property With Our Lawn Care Services!
If you make an incorrect decision regarding your lawn, you might end up with a lifeless and barren yard! That’s why it would be wise to seek assistance from seasoned experts specializing in lawn care services.
Don’t waste your time looking for ‘lawn care services near me’ anymore! Lawn & Pest Solutions is the perfect solution! Our family-owned business provides excellent customer service to answer all your questions about which grass to choose and how to take care of it. Experienced professionals carefully select our products always to give you great results.
Preventing Cockroaches in your home
Regardless of how clean you keep your kitchen, t’s likely there’s at least one hiding there. They are some of the most common pests found in homes.
A cockroach sighting can end dinner, a party or a date. One roach sighting in a restaurant can even ruin a Yelp rating!
Though a pest professional knows the best course of treatment and is educated on the varieties of roaches, there are a few things you can do.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”
10 ways to keep roaches out of your kitchen:
- Eliminate food sources.
- Remove unwanted food from kitchen cabinets and your sink.
- Empty the garbage regularly.
- Seal food items in airtight containers.
- Put away pet food.
- Clean your surfaces.
- Clean out your drains.
- Seal off cracks and entrances.
- Remove dirty dishes from kitchen sink at night.
- Run the garbage disposal frequently.
Call the Pest360 prosYou can rely on our licensed pest professionals to launch a personal attack on the roaches in your home or business. We have the tools and insecticides that are targeted to the specific type of roaches for your area.
You can also reach out to us at 662-257-3149, 901-560-2399, or fill out our online contact form to know more about our local bed bug exterminators.
How to hire a pest pro
There are things to know before you hire a pest pro. Hiring a pest pro doesn’t have to be a hard thing, you just need to ask a few questions before choosing a company.
When you have had enough of ants, roaches, spiders on top of the fear of the unseen, it’s time to ask these questions.
One: Free quotes?
When hiring a pest pro, you should expect to find a pro who will come to your home or business and give you a free quote. No pressure, no obligations, just an up front and honest quote which details the service you need.
Two: Knowledgable representative?
The sales representative who visits your home should be knowledgable about the service you are requiring. They should be able to answer most all of the questions you have about everything from pricing to safety and procedures.
If they don’t know the answers, they should offer to find out and get back to you with accurate information. Being friendly and honest is certainly a bonus when dealing with any sales representatives.
When the pest technician comes to your home or business, they should first do a thorough inspection of your structure, inside and out. Make sure the technician checks under sinks, in closets, window sills, outdoor problem areas.
A quality technician will even make small adjustments if possible to help with your problem. After the service is complete, you should get a consultation with the tech where you get the best advice on how to keep your home pest free.
Beware: If your tech comes in and starts spraying with no inspection, you need a new company!
When hiring a pest pro, you are hiring someone to come into your home. ANY pest company representative who comes to your door or inside your home should be dressed professionally, in uniform and driving a clean and well marked vehicle.
When you are trying to rid your home of roaches, do you really want the “cheapest” service?
The lowest price in pest prevention does not mean you are going to get results. Quality pest prevention may cost more, but in the end you are satisfied.
We have all had experiences with “cheap” services that ended up in us having to start all over again with more costly, yet more effective results.
What is everyone else saying about the pest professional that you want to hire? Google reviews can tell you a lot. Ask friends and neighbors, do a little research and choose wisely.
Questions to ask before hiring a pest pro can help you find the right fit for your needs. Unfortunately, there are pest companies who don’t do what they say they are going to do.
At Lawn and Pest Solutions, we live up to our reputation. We work the hardest to make sure you are satisfied with your pest service. Contact our office at Lawn and Pest Solutions in New Albany, MS. We serve the North Mississippi and Memphis areas.