Bug proofing your home
The best way to bug proof your home is by keeping bugs from ever entering your home. A tidy home and yard also help keep bugs away. A consistent program like our Lawn and Pest Solutions Pest360 can “seal the deal” as they say.
From the outside in
A bug proof home happens as the result of a team effort. The best professional treatment won’t work if we aren’t “all in this together”. Let’s start in the yard.
- If you have firewood stacked next to your home, get it off the ground and move it a few feet away from the house.
- Clean up debris from your yard. Piles of sticks, limbs and leaves are gathering places for bugs and other pests.
- If there are any limbs, vines or branches touching your home, remove them. These create a corridor for bugs and other undesirable critters to get into your roof or home.
- Repair any small holes, cracks or tears in window screens, under doors or windows. Bugs are tiny and can get in the smallest access points.
Inside the house
- This may seem super obvious, but shut your windows and doors, all the way. Gaping doors and unscreened windows left open will allow ANYTHING to get in your home.
- Check the space behind your washing machine and refrigerator where water lines come in. This is not as obvious or easy to check, but a very easy point for bugs to get in your home.
- Vacuum away cobwebs.
- Run your garbage disposal frequently.
What are bugs looking for inside my home?
Water is their number one priority.
Food is their second priority.
- Rinse and put away dirty dishes in the sink.
- Sweep up pet food that scatters on the floor.
- Keep pet food in sealed containers.
- Contact Lawn and Pest Solutions in New Albany, MS and as a team, we will work to bug-proof your home. Hire our local bed bug exterminators to protect your home from unwanted guests. Our licensed pest technicians will show up promptly and treat your house the same they would their own. We serve neighborhoods and businesses from Memphis, Tennessee and all over North Mississippi.